McKamree had a fun birthday party! We started out by going on an old-fashioned scavenger hunt. Kenzee, Bryan and I each took a group of girls to a different part of our neighborhood with a list of things to collect. The girls had a great time asking for things and running to the next house. They couldn't believe that we were not going to return these things. They were amazed that people were just giving us things! It was a riot. After the scavenger hunt we played some games, had brownies and vanilla ice cream with hot fudge (Kam does not like cake), played outside with glow sticks, opened presents and danced. Kenzee taught the girls Hannah Montana's Hoe down Throw down. (Watch the video at the bottom. It was pretty cute!) Finally about 11:00 we put the new Hannah Montana movie in. All the girls got in their sleeping bags and I thought they would just watch and eventually go to sleep. I was WRONG! I went to bed at 12:30 but they said they stay up "all night long". I think they finally fell asleep about 2:00 am but were up again at 6:30 am. We ate breakfast, cleaned up and sent them all home by 10:00 am. I was exhausted but Kamree had such a great time.
The party was a huge success and Kamree had a great time! I am glad I don't have to think about another birthday party for 8 more months!
Happy Birthday Princess!!
1 comment:
I'm with Kam - brownies and ice cream are WAY better than cake!
You are one brave mom to have a sleep-over for an 8th birthday party. I'm glad she had fun!
Post a Comment