Its official!! Kenzee has her driving permit. WATCH OUT!
Kenzee and I were two of those people! Wednesday afternoon I picked Kenzee up from school at 3:00 and drove straight to the DMV (thinking that would give us 3 hours before they closed). When we got there at 3:15 the line was out the door into the lobby! We stood, waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours, just to get our number to be helped. As we got our number the lady told us that they stopped testing at 5:15pm but that we should be ok (after all we had just waited for ever and now we were in the waiting room!) or so we thought. After waiting another 30 minutes our number was finally called only to find out that they had just stopped taking new testers 2 minutes prior! I was SO frustrated! The lady who helped us was very nice and I couldn't get mad at her because it really wasn't her fault, even though I did tell her we had just waited for 2 hours only to be turned away! She processed Kenzee and gave us a pass to come back at another time and go to the head of the line. The next morning at 6:00 am, I woke up all four girls, fed them breakfast, got them dressed, packed the car with backpacks, cold lunches, and preschool stuff (I didn't know how long we would be gone) and at 7:05 we were all off again to the DMV! We walked past all the people waiting (lined up in the lobby again) and went straight to the testing center. Kenzee took the test (only twice) and came out with her learners permit!
It is very exciting and VERY scary at the same time. We have taken her out a few times over they past few days and she is actually a very slow, cautious driver. Hopefully that will continue. WARNING: If you see my van or Bryan's truck on the road, you may want to pull over just in case Kenzee is at the wheel!
I still can't believe I am that old! Congrats Kenzee!
10 comments:
So scary and awesome at the same time!!! Have fun... but not too much...
Driving! It's hard to believe! If our mailbox is plowed over one morning I'll know Kenzee is just trying to get back at her bad "church teacher."
Have Fun guys!
I went at 7:00 in the morning and we had no wait. I am totally convinced that the slow careful driver is going to kill me. I constantly tell Jared to speed up or hurry but he is getting the hang of it!
Congrats girly!!! You will be amazing
Hang in there mom....
Great job Kenzie!!
Oh my goodness, she can NOT be old enough??!!!! My niece just got her license, she drove to her first dance, with out my sis. in the car. Way to go Kenz!!! Good luck Mom :)
Wow, I think I may have forgotten that the lady who turned you away was so sweet, and totally cussed her out! ;) I can't believe that wait, that's crazy! How fun for Kenzee though, it takes me back to the old days of learning to drive. Congrats!
Tanner wouldn't let me take a picture of him at the DMV when he got his permit and I begged. Boys.
Way to go Kenz! Wahoo! And Shauna, I know it's scary now, but just think about when you can say "Kenzee, run to the store for me," or "Kenzee, take your sister to dance."
Happy driving!
Wow! We'd better watch out! J/K!
Holy cow! I can't believe she is old enough to be driving. Devin said she is a good driver though. He even said she parks better than I do! lol (Thanks for driving him to church) I am scared to death for July to come and for Becca to be able to get her permit!
Post a Comment