Monday, February 15, 2010

McKaylee's Orchestra Recital

February 1st we were invited to McKaylee's very first Orchestra Recital. She started playing the violin with the Rosecreek Elementary Orchestra. She has been playing (as well as all but 6 of the other students) since the beginning of October on monday and wednesday mornings. I wasn't sure how well she would like getting up early to go to lessons but she has not complained once. She has picked it up really fast and even likes to practice!



I am really proud of her for all of the hard work she has put into playing her violin.
The orchestra actually didn't sound too bad for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th graders!

They are playing "This Old Man".

3 comments:

DaNette said...

I used to play the violin! So fun, what a good choice in instrument. I hope she keeps it up.

Heather said...

They do sound good! I'm glad to know that Rose Creek has the orchestra now! That's great!

Mindy Curtis said...

Sounding good! I'm very impressed.