Disney's new promotion this year is "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day". If you give a day of service, you can get a FREE day at Disneyland. They are trying to get 1million days of service donated this year. I thought that sounded like a great thing. With us going to Disneyland again, I decided it would be fun for our family to get involved in this program. (Since we have a season pass, we really don't need the free day but I thought it would be fun anyway.) We decided to help the Juvenile Justice Service in Springville. They like to have some cards on hand that the kids could use and send to others while they are there. So we decided to make cards. One Sunday afternoon we made 30 birthday cards and 30 thank you cards! (The Juvenile Justive Service require 10 cards per person to count as a day of service.)
Maybe I should join card group again and enlist the help of my family! JK
7 comments:
Great job Shauna! And getting a day at Disney is a nice perk. I can't believe your husband helped you do that. Awesome man!
What a fun family activity!
PS - I actually read today that Disney is almost out of the free passes...the limit was 1 million and they are almost there, so hurry! :)
Awesome idea for the family. We need to do stuff like that on sundays, your awesome and I am glad you got Brian to help
Good for you to get Bryan to sit still for THREE hours :o) I don't know how you did it!
What a great idea Shauna! :)
That is an awesome idea! And Brian looks very focused. You guys rock!
That's really cool! We would love to do the "Give a day, get a day" thing with Disneyland but the closest charity to us is two hours away! But if we did a project like this is could work out. You all have inspired me... :)
Aunt Carolyn told me you are all going to Disneyland soon. Hope you have a great time!
Post a Comment