Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hey! Santa











Saturday night we attended our Ward Christmas party. The program was very touching. It started out with the story of the birth of Christ. The teenagers acted out the play while someone narrated from the scriptures. They also had a couple of musical numbers in the middle. McKaylee sang, with Sage Beesley and Tessa Turley, "Picture A Christmas" and the two oldest Pearson boys performed, "O Holy Night". When the play was over the curtains closed and then opened again. Santa and Mrs. Claus were at the manger, looking at the baby Jesus. They had the most tender looks on their faces. It was very neat. Then Santa read a story and the Primary Children ended the program with singing a neat song called, "Chirstmas Day." Then the children all got to go and see Santa. Santa and Mrs. Claus sat in the stable next to the manger. The pictures of the children on Santa' lap were so special. It was like the two parts of Christmas meshed together as one. I loved it. I think these are my favorite pictures of Santa with my girls.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

What an awesome ward Christmas party. Can we combine with you guys next year? I LOVE the idea of including the two parts of Christmas together. Go 4th ward activities committee!

Marianne said...

Wow that's such a neat idea for a ward party. I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Carrie said...

I love the pictures.

Crystal said...

Now which ward is the "fun ward?" That is an awesome idea for a ward party. I was a little disappointed that Santa didn't show up for our ward Christmas party. I guess he was too busy gearing up for yours!
Cute pictures!